THE DESIRE TO BE POPULAR
- The first proposition: The right way (that which eventually gets the results you are seeking) usually appears to be the hard way, the long way, the slow way, the narrow way. Matthew 7:13. “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.”
- The second proposition: Therefore, the majority—or at least those vocal enough to appear as if they are the majority—doesn’t favor the right/hard/slow/long/narrow way. The majority favors the easier way—faster, shorter, less work and self-discipline—which is by definition wider…..and leads to destruction.
- The third proposition: Since popularity is by definition being liked by the crowd—the majority—it requires adoption of which way? The easier, the way that doesn’t work, the path of failure.
- The evidence for the truth of these propositions is overwhelming in the results: in wealth, the majority is broke; in fitness, the majority is flaccid; in health, the majority is sick; in weight, the majority is over; in morality, the majority is fashionable. That last word should be anathema to a leader.
- The desire to be popular spells L.O.S.E.R.: Loss Of Self Esteem and Respect.
- It is also the route and the root of cultural, moral, national and personal decline!
NOW IT IS TIME TO TACKLE A VERY SENSITIVE AND DIVISIVE TOPIC.
RACISM: my response
I define racism as the emotional rejection of God’s design to paint His creations made in His image in a palette of many colors. Therefore, it is not anti-race per se, but inherently anti-God. It is sin, in one of its purest forms.
That being said, some things about the most vocal anti-racism activists that mystify me are:
- Given that nothing can be more racist than the desire to kill other races, or to prevent them from being born in the first place, why is there no condemnation that I am aware of–from race activists—of Planned Parenthood? PP’s aims and stated missions are birth control and aborting babies, their clients are overwhelmingly non-white and relatively poor, their founder, Margaret Sanger, was an unapologetic eugenicist who openly advocated forced sterilization of “inferior races and classes” and, through selective breeding, their eventual extinction. She furnished, through propagation of the “abortion gospel”, a more viable solution to preventing breeding of the “weak and inferior” than the last sentence in the following excerpt. Usually, anti-racism crusaders decry defunding of PP, as injurious to the poor and non-whites, so I guess they don’t consider killing non-white babies as racist.
- Same for her inspiration, Charles Darwin’s The Descent of Man. “With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilised men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.”
- “The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, if so urged by hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with a certain and great present evil. Hence we must bear without complaining the undoubtedly bad effects of the weak surviving and propagating their kind; but there appears to be at least one check in steady action, namely the weaker and inferior members of society not marrying so freely as the sound; and this check might be indefinitely increased, though this is more to be hoped for than expected, by the weak in body or mind refraining from marriage.”
- “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. For my own part I would as soon be descended from that heroic little monkey, who braved his dreaded enemy in order to save the life of his keeper; or from that old baboon, who, descending from the mountains, carried away in triumph his young comrade from a crowd of astonished dogs—as from a savage who delights to torture his enemies, offers up bloody sacrifices, practices infanticide without remorse, treats his wives like slaves, knows no decency, and is haunted by the grossest superstitions.”
― Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man
It is reasonable to ask, what is it that truly motivates the anti-racism crusaders? Justice for the poor and/or non-white, some kind of personal gain (fame and/or funding), or the opportunity to revile the objects of their animus without personal consequences? Perhaps all three?