Did I leave out the M in mothering? Aren’t fun and profit the same thing as political office? No, and yes. It wasn’t intended to be mothering, because othering is the latest leftist-progressive-utopian meaningless buzzword that’s shorthand for “what-an-evil-bad-person-you-are-you-must-be-a-pro-trump-Republican.” So everybody, let’s get down and other with me, to the beat of let’s twist again like we did last summer, by Chubby Checker (yes millennials, he was a real person, checked two intersectional boxes–black and fat, but he married a white woman, so that might cancel out the first box). Do you other? Do I? Doesn’t everyone? “Absolutely not”, you say, “I don’t other….out loud anyway.”
Have you ever thought someone was dumber than you? Have you ever thought you are better looking than someone else? Have you ever thought that someone else: ordered a more stupid sounding drink at Starbucks, or drank it sloppier than you, was more irresponsible than you for not clearing their crumbs, was more rude to the barista than you??? You have othered! For shame! But there’s hope, you can probably run for political office as a Republican, even eventually for president! Then you can tweet othering to millions and get more free publicity than you can stomach.
Searching questions for the novice “otherer”:
- “Does othering make me racist?” Only if your skin is two or more lumens lighter than the “other”.
- “How do I know how many lumens whiter I am?” Perform a dark frame calibration on the UPRtek Spectrometer.
- “Is othering curable?” Yes, by a procedure that used to be quite common called “prefrontal lobotomy.” Then there was electroshock. Nowadays, tweeting works. Just send a racist tweet, and the Twittersphere will lobotomize you, since they know exactly what it feels like.
- “Who is the most vocal opponent of othering?” Ilhan Omar, D. Minnesota.
- “Does she other?” Probably more than any political figure….but she doesn’t call it othering.
- “What does she call it?” “Leveling the playing field of a corrupt, immoral, hateful, white supremacy country.”
- “Why does she use the term othering so much?” It’s something very familiar. She was an other in her own claimed family. In 1995, she entered the United States as a fraudulent member of the “Omar” family, which was not her family. The Omar family is a second, unrelated family which was being granted asylum by the United States. The Omars allowed Ilhan, her genetic sister Sahra, and her genetic father Nur Said to use false names to apply for asylum as members of the Omar family. In addition, she further othered herself by marrying her brother in 2009 as part of an immigration fraud scheme.
- “Why would she do that?” The US State department stopped accepting applications for the Priority 3/Refugee Family Reunification program in 2008 because DNA testing, primarily of Somalis, showed about 87% of the claimed family relationships were fraudulent. She was, at the time, a 26 year old American citizen for 9 years, trying to find a way to get her younger brother, fleeing the hell of the U.K. (a true refugee, because Britain has no cuisine of its own) into our country. It appears that not all the Somali pirates are seagoing.
- “What else?” She likely committed additional felonies due to her fraudulent 2009-2017 marriage,” David Steinberg wrote. “Today’s report appears to confirm the worst of them: @IlhanMN may have filed EIGHT YEARS of fraudulent federal and state tax returns.” She further othered herself in 2016 and 2017 by violating Minnesota campaign rules in misusing campaign funds. I call her Mother Other.
- “What is her worst kind of othering?” By tarring everyone who mentions her scheming as racist, she’s othering those who are more grateful for this country. Her campaign has threatened Somalis in her own district for revealing information about her shenanigans.
- “Does all that give you the right to call her Mother Other?” Oh sorry, I should be more precise and call her “queen of frauds“, but “mother other” rhymes and is funnier.
- “Are you mocking the idea of othering?” Why not, isn’t it still a free speech country? Or maybe not, considering the next item.
- “Why was Kathy Zhu, Miss Michigan of the Miss World America pageant, othered by being stripped of her title?” She was a bad girl. First, she refused to wear a hijab that some bimbo tried to force over her head against her will in 2018, on the campus of Central Florida U. during World Hijab Day (yes Virginia, that is a real exercise in othering), then she tweeted about the incident. Muslim students then tried to other her off campus, but she had the nerve to think she had a right to free speech and to remain enrolled by virtue of tuition, citizenship and being in the right.
- “What else was she othered for?” She tweeted that blacks murder more of their own race, than are murdered by whites.
- “Isn’t that true?” What, you care about truth? You won’t make much of an otherer. Hand over your credentials!
Author’s note: There is considerable controversy about some of the Omar charges, specifically was the man she married in 2009 actually her biological brother, did hirelings of her campaign threaten Somalis in Minnesota, and was she legally married TO ONE MAN (rather than two) during those years she claimed “married filing jointly” status? I have weighed the evidence and found that the preponderance favors her guilt rather than innocence.
Here are links to evidence and contentions on both sides of the controversies. https://alphanewsmn.com/a-community-forced-into-silence/ https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/07/david-steinberg-tying-up-loose-threads-in-the-curious-case.php https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-the-ilhan-omar-marriage-smear-went-from-an-anonymous-post-on-an-obscure-forum-to-being-embraced-by-trump?via=rss